HC rejects PIL seeking examination of bullet proof jackets
Mumbai: Bombay High Court today dismissed a
PIL questioning purchase of bullet proof jackets by
Maharashtra Government in 2002.
The petitioner Santosh Daundkar had contended that the
jackets were of sub-standard quality and they caused the death
of former ATS chief Hemant Karkare on the night of November
26,2008 during Mumbai terror attacks.
However, a division bench of Chief Justice Mohit Shah
and Justice S C Dharmadhikari held that the decision as to
what kind of jackets should have been purchased was a matter
of administrative discretion and the court will not examine
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test