HC reserves order on CDRs in 7/11 train blasts case
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Monday reserved order on a petition filed by 13 alleged SIMI members seeking production of Call Data Records (CDRs) by the investigating agency in the 7/11 serial train blasts case, which had been used to secure their remand.
The matter had created a controversy after the state told the court that it had destroyed the CDRs.
The court had earlier expressed its doubt on whether the state has actually destroyed it as claimed by them.
The court had observed that it had a feeling that it was somewhere and the state was trying to hide it.
"I have to also see whether the soft copy could have been destroyed by the state even if they were not relying on it," justice A M Thipsay said.
"Even if you were not relying on it and if it is in favour of the defence, you should have given it to them," Justice Thipsay opined.
The court was hearing an application by 13 alleged SIMI members facing trial in the 7/11 blasts, challenging the order of a special MCOCA court that rejected their plea seeking examination of three police officers and production of the CDRs that the ATS claimed to have used to secure their remand.
The court had earlier allowed the accused to examine the three police officers. However, on production of CDR, it reserved its ruling.
Advocate General Darius Khambata today said that the accused were free to retrieve the records from the telecom companies and the state government would be happy to cooperate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown