HC reunites minor girl with her parents
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today ordered city police to hand over the custody of a minor girl, who had eloped with her boyfriend in 2010, to her parents.
The girl and her boyfriend were produced before the Court today by the police.
The division bench of Justices Naresh Patil and A R Joshi ordered the police to take the boyfriend -- who is major -- into custody.
Earlier during the proceedings, the judges asked the girl whether she would like to go back to parents, to which she replied in the affirmative.
To run away was a mistake, she said.
The girl and the boy belong to the same community. After she disappeared, the girl`s mother moved the High Court, as police failed to trace her.
On the last occasion, the judges had said that strict action would be taken if police failed to trace the duo.
Recently, the girl`s parents, who live in suburban Mumbai, had informed the police that they had got a missed call from the girl sometime back.
Following up, police traced the two to Ooty in Karnataka. The girl told police that they were staying together there since 2010, but were not married.
Asked why she chose to stay for more than two years in Ooty and now wanted to return to parents, the girl told the Court that she was afraid that she may not be accepted by her parents. But now, she had mustered up courage to face the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt