HC satisfied with ATS` response to murder plot of RSS chief
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today said
it was satisfied with the measures adopted by anti-terrorism
squad police in connection with the alleged conspiracy to
murder RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Samir Kulkarni, one of the accused in the 2008, Malegaon
blast case had sent a letter to the court from the jail
stating that two witnesses had confessed to police about a
plan to kill the RSS chief.
Kulkarni had sought action on these statements. On the
last occasion, ATS had told the court that measures have been
taken to ensure Bhagwat`s safety.
Today, after reading the report filed by additional
commissioner of ATS, the division bench of Justices B H
Marlapalle and Anup Mohta said that no further directions were
required. The petition was later disposed of.
The ATS report said the alleged plot as revealed in the
statements of Shyam Apte and Nitin Joshi (both prosecution
witnesses) was probed, but it led to no further clues.
Concerning filing a separate FIR in this regard, ATS said
that the chargesheet in blast case has already been filed and
entire evidence, including these statements, will be placed
before the special MCOCA court at the time of framing of
"We are satisfied that ATS has taken notice of the
statements... No further direction is required," the division
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow