HC tells MoEF to inspect dumping ground site near Kalyan
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court has asked the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests to carry out inspection of a site at Umbide, near Kalyan in neighbouring Thane district, and state whether the place can be used as `a dumping ground`, for solid waste.
The division bench headed by Justice D Y Chandrachud asked the MoEF to file a compliance report on November 22.
The bench was hearing a PIL filed by Kaustubh Gokhale and others, against the decision of the local municipal authorities to use a ground near Adharwadi in Kalyan for dumping the garbage.
Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation did not follow the legal procedure before deciding on Adharwadi, they say, adding that Umbide was a more suitable place.
The site at Adharwadi may pose a health hazard, the PIL says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble