HC to frame issues in petition on Thackeray`s will on May 5
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court on Monday scheduled for May 5 the framing of issues on the petition filed by Udhav Thackeray, Shiv Sena president, seeking probate of the will of his late father Bal Thackeray.
The petition was today heard by Justice R D Dhanuka.
Jaidav Thackeray, estranged son of the Sena patriarch, has opposed the petition, contesting the will.
Jaidev, who does not get anything as per the will, has demanded one-third share in the family property.
The court last week refused to grant an interim relief to Jaidev, who had sought an order restraining the beneficiaries of the will from selling off the properties.
Probate petition is filed to get a will of a deceased person certified by the court. Uddhav Thackeray`s probate petition, filed in January 2013, was converted into a testamentary suit after Jaidev moved the HC opposing it.
The estate left behind by Thackeray senior includes immovable property and bank deposits worth Rs 14.85 crore.
The High Court also refused to express any opinion on Jaidev`s allegation that Uddhav, being a political leader, may use his influence to get the will executed.
Jaidev has said that the property is worth much more that what is stated in the will; the Bandra bungalow `Matoshri` itself is valued at Rs 40 crore.
Although he was living separately, he had cordial relations with his father, and the latter could not have cut him out of the will, Jaidev`s petition contends.
The will gives the first floor of bungalow to Bal Thackeray`s grandson and Jaidev`s son Aishvary, and Jaidev`s divorced wife Smita. The second floor has been bequeathed to Uddhav and his sons Aditya and Tejas; the ground and the third floors have been given to Uddhav alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list