Hearing in female foeticide case postponed till Sept 28
Beed (Maha): A local court on Saturday postponed till September 28 hearing in the female foeticide case, in which a doctor couple has been charge sheeted along with 15 others.
"Hearing in the case was scheduled to take place today.
However, the Parli court postponed the matter till September 28," Public Prosecuter Atul Tandle said.
Earlier this week, police had filed a charge sheet in Parli court against the doctor couple-- Dr Sudam Munde and his wife Saraswati-- and 15 others in connection with the case.
The couple is accused of carrying out abortion on sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who was in her second trimester, at their hospital in Parli on May 18 this year, which resulted into her death.
On May 19, the couple had secured bail from Parli court and went into hiding from May 23. The couple absconding for over three weeks, had finally surrendered to the local police on June 17.
Others, who have been charge sheeted in the case include the doctor couple`s son Venkatesh, Jalgaon-based Dr Rahul Kolhe, husband of the deceased woman Mahadev Patekar and members of the hospital staff.
According to sources, Maharashtra government has appointed Ujwal Nikam as special public prosecutor to represent the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan