Hearing in female foeticide case postponed till Sept 28
Beed (Maha): A local court on Saturday postponed till September 28 hearing in the female foeticide case, in which a doctor couple has been charge sheeted along with 15 others.
"Hearing in the case was scheduled to take place today.
However, the Parli court postponed the matter till September 28," Public Prosecuter Atul Tandle said.
Earlier this week, police had filed a charge sheet in Parli court against the doctor couple-- Dr Sudam Munde and his wife Saraswati-- and 15 others in connection with the case.
The couple is accused of carrying out abortion on sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who was in her second trimester, at their hospital in Parli on May 18 this year, which resulted into her death.
On May 19, the couple had secured bail from Parli court and went into hiding from May 23. The couple absconding for over three weeks, had finally surrendered to the local police on June 17.
Others, who have been charge sheeted in the case include the doctor couple`s son Venkatesh, Jalgaon-based Dr Rahul Kolhe, husband of the deceased woman Mahadev Patekar and members of the hospital staff.
According to sources, Maharashtra government has appointed Ujwal Nikam as special public prosecutor to represent the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India