Hearing in female foeticide case postponed till Sept 28
Beed (Maha): A local court on Saturday postponed till September 28 hearing in the female foeticide case, in which a doctor couple has been charge sheeted along with 15 others.
"Hearing in the case was scheduled to take place today.
However, the Parli court postponed the matter till September 28," Public Prosecuter Atul Tandle said.
Earlier this week, police had filed a charge sheet in Parli court against the doctor couple-- Dr Sudam Munde and his wife Saraswati-- and 15 others in connection with the case.
The couple is accused of carrying out abortion on sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who was in her second trimester, at their hospital in Parli on May 18 this year, which resulted into her death.
On May 19, the couple had secured bail from Parli court and went into hiding from May 23. The couple absconding for over three weeks, had finally surrendered to the local police on June 17.
Others, who have been charge sheeted in the case include the doctor couple`s son Venkatesh, Jalgaon-based Dr Rahul Kolhe, husband of the deceased woman Mahadev Patekar and members of the hospital staff.
According to sources, Maharashtra government has appointed Ujwal Nikam as special public prosecutor to represent the case.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt