Heavy monsoon rains bring waterlogging woes for Mumbaikars
Mumbai: The residents of Mumbai on Wednesday enjoyed the very first rainfall of monsoon after suffering from a month-long heat wave.
However, the heavy rainfall though fruitful for the people, also caused trouble as there was immense waterlogging in Andheri and some flights were also reportedly delayed due to bad weather condition.
A resident of Mumbai, Sunil Yadav said, "I pray for a decent rainfall in Maharashtra this year so that not only the farmers can but the common people are also relieved from the problem of lack of water. We want the rain to continue for two more months. Since June we were waiting for the rain."
Another resident Gopal added, "We are feeling very good but there is lot of water logging in Andheri which is causing trouble. People are facing difficulty in commuting. The rickshaws are also not available. The water has even entered the shops."
May and June are usually the hottest months of the year in India with temperatures often in the range of 42 to 47 degrees Celsius at many places.
The Indian Meteorological Department had forecast below-average rainfall in 2014 due to an emerging El Nino in which warm water rises to the surface of the Pacific Ocean.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday