Heavy rainfall continues in Nashik
Nashik: Normal life was hit as incessant rains continued to lash the city for the third consecutive day, with the district recording 862.70 mm rainfall in last 24 hours.
Nashik recorded 70.2 mm rain during last 30-hours ended Tuesday evening, while 58 mm rain was recorded in catchment areas of Gangapur dam in past 12-hours, resulting in an increase of 57 per cent in the water level, a statement released by district collector office said.
Gangapur dam, which is the main water source for Nashik city, presently has water capacity of 3202 mcft against total capacity of 5630 mcft, the statement added.
Tribal dominated Igatpuri taluka of Nashik district recorded 234 mm of rain till 8:30 am today, while Nashik recorded 70.2 mm, Peint 70.4 mm, Dindori 43 mm, Tribakeshwar 125 mm, Kalwan 76 mm, Balgan 43.2 mm, Surgana 71.5 mm, Devla 34.6 mm, Niphad 31.6 mm, Chandvad 30.2 mm, Sinnar 23 mm, while low rainfall was recorded in Nandgaon with 1.00 mm, Malegaon 6.00 mm, Yeola 3.00 mm,, the release said.
A total of 862.70 mm rainfall has been recorded in the district in past 24-hours. And the Irrigation department has released 16,772 cusecs water from Darna dam following heavy rains in its catchment areas, it said.
Darna dam, which has capacity of 7149 mcft, has been filled up to 77 per cent. The total water stock in 23 reservoirs of Nashik, by July 30, was 19,797 mcft.
With the pick-up in monsoon activity, farmers have also completed 20 per cent of kharif sowing in their agricultural fields.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read