Heavy rains lash Mumbai for second day
Mumbai: Incessant rains continued to lash the city for the second consecutive day on Monday.
According to the Indian Metrological Department (IMD) Colaba recorded 69.3 mm of rainfall and Santacruz received 138.0 mm of rainfall from 8.30 am yesterday to 8.30 am today.
The weather bureau forecasts intermittent rains in parts of city and suburbs and heavy rains accompanied by strong gusty winds in some areas over the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, a minor plastered portion of Bayani House building in Masjid Bunder in south Mumbai caved in at 6.54 am, civic officials said, adding that no injuries were reported.
Water logging was reported from Dadar, Andheri, Malad, Ghatkopar and Vikhroli, civic officials said.
Road, rail and air traffic remained unaffected, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda