Heavy rains lash Mumbai for second day
Mumbai: Incessant rains continued to lash the city for the second consecutive day on Monday.
According to the Indian Metrological Department (IMD) Colaba recorded 69.3 mm of rainfall and Santacruz received 138.0 mm of rainfall from 8.30 am yesterday to 8.30 am today.
The weather bureau forecasts intermittent rains in parts of city and suburbs and heavy rains accompanied by strong gusty winds in some areas over the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, a minor plastered portion of Bayani House building in Masjid Bunder in south Mumbai caved in at 6.54 am, civic officials said, adding that no injuries were reported.
Water logging was reported from Dadar, Andheri, Malad, Ghatkopar and Vikhroli, civic officials said.
Road, rail and air traffic remained unaffected, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing