Heavy rains lash Nagpur, Gondia and Akola
Nagpur: Several parts of Vidarbha region in Maharashtra recorded good amount of rainfall with heavy showers in Nagpur, Gondia and Akola districts during the last 24 hours.
Nagpur recorded 145.1 mm rains since yesterday while Gondia received 125.6 followed by Akola 124.5 mm.
Nagpur had earlier recorded 160.6 mm rains in last fortnight whereas the average rainfall in the month of June is 165.9 mm, according to Regional Meterological Centre, here.
There was no untoward incident reported due to rains even as authorities sounded a alert on heavy downpour. Also, the district administration, civic authorities (fire brigade) and police received no emergency call, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof