Heavy rains lash Vidarbha, three drown in Nagpur
Nagpur: Three persons including, a nine-year-old boy, drowned in flooded nullahs and rivers here today as heavy rains lashed Nagpur city and eastern Vidarbha during last 24 hours.
While two bodies were recovered in Besa Beltarodi and its adjoing area, the boy`s body was found in Hiwari Nagar, police said.
Nagpur district has recorded about 378.91 mm rainfall since June 1 till today. Bhandara district received 384.70 mm, Wardha 273 mm, Gondia 316.86 mm, Chandrapur 425.45 mm and Gadchiroli received highest at 518.3 mm, the official sources said, adding that rainfall is in excess.
Nagpur city received more than 180 mm of rains during the last 24 hours till 8.30 am on Wednesday and entire city was waterlogged. But afterwards there were no showers.
In rural parts of eastern Vidarbha, Arjuni More (Gondia) recorded a highest 217.66 mm rains in one day followed by Chimur (Gadchiroli) at 196.40 mm and Lakhandur (Bhandara) at 190 mm.
Nagpur city received 185.6 mm rainfall while Nagpur rural got 187.4 mm. Narkhed taluka received a record 206.4 mm rains in Nagpur district followed by Bhiwapur and Paseoni taluka each receiving 200 mm, official sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price