Heavy rains likely in Marathwada, Konkan, Goa
Mumbai: Parts of Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa are likely to receive heavy rains due to low pressure area formed over the Bay of Bengal, the Met Department said on Saturday.
A low pressure area had been formed over north west Bay of Bengal adjoining coastal Orissa on August 4, a regional Meteorological centre bulletin said.
"It moved in a North Westerly direction and intensified into a well marked low pressure area and today it lies over Vidarbha and adjoining areas," the bulletin said.
"Under its influence Marathwada, Madhya Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa are likely to experience widespread rainfall," the bulletin said, adding heavy to very rainfall would occur in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt