Heavy rains likely in Marathwada, Konkan, Goa
Mumbai: Parts of Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa are likely to receive heavy rains due to low pressure area formed over the Bay of Bengal, the Met Department said on Saturday.
A low pressure area had been formed over north west Bay of Bengal adjoining coastal Orissa on August 4, a regional Meteorological centre bulletin said.
"It moved in a North Westerly direction and intensified into a well marked low pressure area and today it lies over Vidarbha and adjoining areas," the bulletin said.
"Under its influence Marathwada, Madhya Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa are likely to experience widespread rainfall," the bulletin said, adding heavy to very rainfall would occur in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days