Heavy rains likely in Marathwada, Konkan, Goa
Mumbai: Parts of Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa are likely to receive heavy rains due to low pressure area formed over the Bay of Bengal, the Met Department said on Saturday.
A low pressure area had been formed over north west Bay of Bengal adjoining coastal Orissa on August 4, a regional Meteorological centre bulletin said.
"It moved in a North Westerly direction and intensified into a well marked low pressure area and today it lies over Vidarbha and adjoining areas," the bulletin said.
"Under its influence Marathwada, Madhya Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa are likely to experience widespread rainfall," the bulletin said, adding heavy to very rainfall would occur in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai