Heavy showers disrupt Konkan rail traffic
Panaji: Thousands of inter-state railway passengers were affected on Friday as train services linking Maharashtra to Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala were cancelled and diverted owing to incessant rain in the Konkan belt, an official said.
According to a Konkan Railway statement, 11 trains were directly affected by the collapse of a retaining wall in the Ratnagiri (Maharashtra) sector, 150 km from here.
Four trains have been cancelled, two have been terminated mid-way and five have been diverted, railway officials said.
The diverted trains include the Kochuveli-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Mumbai (Garib Rath), Thiruvananthapuram-Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express, Kochuveli-Dehradun Mail and Ernakulam-Pune, all travelling via Margao-Londa-Miraj.
The Nizamuddin-Ernakulam Mangala Express has also been diverted via Kalyan and Pune.
The cancelled trains include the Madgaon-Sawantwadi-Diva passenger, Mangalore-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus passenger, Sawantwadi-Madgaon passenger and Sawantwadi-Dadar passenger which were scheduled for Friday.
The Diva-Sawantwadi-Madgaon was terminated at Ratnagiri while the Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus-Madgaon was terminated at Diva.
Officials have made arrangements for bus at the Ratnagiri station for travellers stranded there.
Passengers can contact the emergency number 10722 for latest information and position or status of trains, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray