Helipads on rooftops: Could be only for pvt use, in day time
Mumbai: The state authorities have
indicated that if private helipads are to be allowed to come
up on building rooftops in Mumbai, they would not be used for
Yesterday, the government put before the Bombay High
Court draft guidelines for helipads. The draft is awaiting
approval of Union Environment Ministry, said government lawyer
"Helipads/helicopters should not be used for
commercial purpose, and shall not be used for handling
hazardous substances, explosive chemicals," guidelines said.
Further, it is made clear that choppers would be
allowed to take off or land only between 0600 hours to 1800
The High Court, which is hearing a PIL filed by NGO
Awaz Foundation on noise pollution, had expressed concern
about impact of helicopter traffic if helipads were allowed on
rooftops, and had asked government to make its stand clear.
The draft guidelines say that helipad owner will have
to keep the noise level within acceptable range, prescribed
under Environment (Protection) Act, 1985.
Besides, Maharashtra Pollution Control Board should
check the sound levels where helipad is proposed, and helipad
owners must get No Objection Certificate (NOC) from board, it
"No fuel shall be stored at the site and transported
in any circumstances".
Before commissioning helipad, the structural stability
and strength of the building will be checked by Municipal
Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
"MCGM should also ensure that cost of proposed
activity is less than Rs five crore before giving final
permission in Coastal Regulation Zone areas" and if it exceeds
this amount, then proposal would clearance from Union
A few months back, newspaper reports had said that
industrialist Mukesh Ambani had sought MCGM`s permission for
building helipad atop his residence in South Mumbai.
Early this month, Vice Admiral Sanjeev Bhasin, flag
officer commanding-in-chief of the Western Naval Command, had
said that Navy would not allow "indiscriminate constructions
of helipads" (in south Mumbai).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy