Hinjewadi case: Life imprisonment for the accused
Pune: Sessions court here on Friday sentenced
three persons to life imprisonment in the Hinjewadi gang-rape
The order was pronounced by Additional Session Judge W K
Sangle, who had convicted the three accused, namely, Subhash
Hiralal Bhosale, Ganesh Uttam Kambale and Ranjit Shahaji Gade,
on October 19.
The victim, an MBA graduate, was gang-raped by the
accused near Information Technology Park at Mankar Chauk in
Wakad, on the outskirts of Pune on April 1, 2010, after she
accepted a lift in their car.
The incident highlighted the lack of security for women
working in the Hinjewadi area, where several IT companies are
located. The issue was raised in the legislative assembly too.
Advocate Ujjwal Nikam, who had been appointed as the
special public prosecutor in the case, had sought maximum
punishment for the accused, for committing an offence which he
said was "worse than the murder".
"The honour of the rape-victim is lost and can never be
recovered," he had said.
"This judgement will make citizens feel secure," said
Nandkishor Bhosale-Patil, senior Police Inspector of Hinjewadi
Police station, who had probed the case.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on