Hoax call makes police search Bandra court
Mumbai: A search operation was carried
out for over two hours at a court in suburban Bandra on Saturday
after a hoax call claimed the presence of a bomb in the court
building, police said.
However, nothing suspicious was found after extensive
search, they said.
An unidentified person made a phone call to Nirmal
Nagar police station in the afternoon stating a bomb was
planted in an eight-storeyed court in suburban Bandra, police
Bomb Disposal Detection Squad (BDDS) and police swung
into action and the court building was vacated after the area
was cordoned off, said Senior Inspector P Bagade at Nirmal
Nagar police station.
"For over two hours, the BDDS searched every nook and
corner, but no suspicious objects were found," said Bagade.
Probe was on to establish from where the call was made,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam