Hoax call makes police search Bandra court
Mumbai: A search operation was carried
out for over two hours at a court in suburban Bandra on Saturday
after a hoax call claimed the presence of a bomb in the court
building, police said.
However, nothing suspicious was found after extensive
search, they said.
An unidentified person made a phone call to Nirmal
Nagar police station in the afternoon stating a bomb was
planted in an eight-storeyed court in suburban Bandra, police
Bomb Disposal Detection Squad (BDDS) and police swung
into action and the court building was vacated after the area
was cordoned off, said Senior Inspector P Bagade at Nirmal
Nagar police station.
"For over two hours, the BDDS searched every nook and
corner, but no suspicious objects were found," said Bagade.
Probe was on to establish from where the call was made,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?