Hoax call makes police search Bandra court
Mumbai: A search operation was carried
out for over two hours at a court in suburban Bandra on Saturday
after a hoax call claimed the presence of a bomb in the court
building, police said.
However, nothing suspicious was found after extensive
search, they said.
An unidentified person made a phone call to Nirmal
Nagar police station in the afternoon stating a bomb was
planted in an eight-storeyed court in suburban Bandra, police
Bomb Disposal Detection Squad (BDDS) and police swung
into action and the court building was vacated after the area
was cordoned off, said Senior Inspector P Bagade at Nirmal
Nagar police station.
"For over two hours, the BDDS searched every nook and
corner, but no suspicious objects were found," said Bagade.
Probe was on to establish from where the call was made,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea