Hoist black flags to protest Ramdev`s eviction: Thackeray
Mumbai: Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray
on Sunday appealed to the people to protest eviction of Baba Ramdev from
Ramlila Maidan and subsequent lathi-charge by hoisting black
flags on their houses.
"The time has come to dislodge the Congress from the
seat of power. The way the police caned peaceful protesters
there was highly condemnable," Thackeray said in a press
"I do not want to jump in the debate whether the fast
launched by Baba Ramdev was justified or not. But the way the
Congress tried to crush the agitation was deplorable," he
Thackeray said the common people should "revolt" to
dethrone the Congress as merely undertaking fasts and
launching agitations would not suffice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?