Home Minister assures to review security cover for VVIPs
Nagpur: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil
has assured the State Assembly to review the security cover of
VVIPs based on the threat perception.
Replying to marathon discussion on law and order situation
initiated by Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse and others,
yesterday, Patil said the Screening Committee periodically
reviewed the threat perception and decide the category of
security cover to be provided to the concerned VVIPs.
To a specific query from Shiv Sena group leader, Subhash
Desai and others, Patil said the security cover for Sena chief
Bal Thackeray and superstar Amitabh Bachchan was adequate and
state was regularly monitoring it through its own mechanism.
He said if the need be, the state will further review
their security. Patil said even his own security cover was
reviewed by the Screening Committee.
The committee decides to downgrade or upgrade the security
category for all important persons in the state, he said.
Opposition had accused the State government for
deteriorating law and order situation in the state and rise
in Naxal offences in eastern Vidarbha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon