Home Minister assures to review security cover for VVIPs
Nagpur: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil
has assured the State Assembly to review the security cover of
VVIPs based on the threat perception.
Replying to marathon discussion on law and order situation
initiated by Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse and others,
yesterday, Patil said the Screening Committee periodically
reviewed the threat perception and decide the category of
security cover to be provided to the concerned VVIPs.
To a specific query from Shiv Sena group leader, Subhash
Desai and others, Patil said the security cover for Sena chief
Bal Thackeray and superstar Amitabh Bachchan was adequate and
state was regularly monitoring it through its own mechanism.
He said if the need be, the state will further review
their security. Patil said even his own security cover was
reviewed by the Screening Committee.
The committee decides to downgrade or upgrade the security
category for all important persons in the state, he said.
Opposition had accused the State government for
deteriorating law and order situation in the state and rise
in Naxal offences in eastern Vidarbha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars