Hope Pawar now sleeps well: BJP on Jadhav`s appointment
Mumbai: The opposition BJP on Saturday took a dig over the appointment of Bhaskar Jadhav as the new president of Maharashtra NCP, saying he had once given the party chief Sharad Pawar a sleepless night.
"When Jadhav (then a state minister) had made excessive expenditure during the wedding of his son and daughter, Pawar had said he could not sleep. Now, after appointing Jadhav, we wish Pawar a good sleep," state BJP chief Devendra Fadnavis quipped.
After the lavish wedding at Chiplun kicked up a controversy, as it took place in the middle of a severe drought in the state, Pawar had publicly expressed his disapproval. "I could not sleep the whole night when I saw the visuals of the wedding on TV," he had said.
Jadhav, who was dropped from ministry, was today made president of state unit, while MLA Jitendra Awhad was made working president.
BJP ally Shiv Sena said both Jadhav and Awhad had influence over limited areas. "It is difficult to say that their appointments will have much impact. The party does not run on two persons," Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe said.
"We would say it is old medicine in new bottle, as they have also included (former minister) Gulabrao Devkar in the party`s core committee," Gorhe added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes