Hope to address supporters in Aurangabad soon: Asaduddin Owaisi
Aurangabad: MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi, barred from entering Aurangabad city till March 2, said Wednesday that he hoped to address his supporters in the city soon since he had full faith in the judiciary.
The Hyderabad MP has filed a petition with the Aurangabad bench of Bombay High Court after police barred him from entering the city and address a rally Feb 1.
"I have full faith in the judiciary and I`m sure I`ll soon be able to address my supporters in Aurangabad," Asaduddin Owaisi said during a visit to Mughal emperor Aurangzeb`s tomb in Khulbabad, 30 km from here.
Police barred Asaduddin Owaisi`s entry fearing unrest after his brother Akbariddin Owaisi was booked in a hate speech case in Andhra Pradesh.
A police team from Aurangabad went to Owaisi`s residence in Hyderabad and served him notice under Section 144.
Asaduddin Owaisi asked why only he was not allowed entry into Aurangabad.
"There are leaders from other parties who have cases against them in various courts. Why am I the only one measured with a defined yardstick," he asked.
He said unlike leaders of other parties, he was a law-abiding citizen and had abstained from entering Aurangabad due to the order.
MIM has 11 corporators in the Nanded municipal corporation.
When asked about the charges against Akbaruddin Owaisi, he said the matter was in the court and his brother would be acquitted once he submitted proof of his innocence.
Speaking on parliament attack convict Afzal Guru`s execution, Asaduddin Owaisi said he should have been allowed to speak to his family before he was hanged.
"Again, I believe in the rule of law and I`m not questioning his execution. But I do think he should have been allowed to speak to his family over phone, if only for a minute," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof