Housewife commits suicide due to harassment by in-laws
Malegaon: A 30-year-old married woman, Meenabai Samadhan Pawar, a resident of Nilgavhan village near here has committed suicide along with Prachi, her five-month-old daughter, by jumping into a well Wednesday morning, police said.
Meenabai had become fed up of harassment by her husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and others for forcing her to bring Rs 50,000 from her parents to buy a motorcycle and an auto-rickshaw.
The police has detained five people, including the husband and his parrents. Cases have been registered against them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation