Housewife commits suicide due to harassment by in-laws
Malegaon: A 30-year-old married woman, Meenabai Samadhan Pawar, a resident of Nilgavhan village near here has committed suicide along with Prachi, her five-month-old daughter, by jumping into a well Wednesday morning, police said.
Meenabai had become fed up of harassment by her husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and others for forcing her to bring Rs 50,000 from her parents to buy a motorcycle and an auto-rickshaw.
The police has detained five people, including the husband and his parrents. Cases have been registered against them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice