Housewife commits suicide due to harassment by in-laws
Malegaon: A 30-year-old married woman, Meenabai Samadhan Pawar, a resident of Nilgavhan village near here has committed suicide along with Prachi, her five-month-old daughter, by jumping into a well Wednesday morning, police said.
Meenabai had become fed up of harassment by her husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and others for forcing her to bring Rs 50,000 from her parents to buy a motorcycle and an auto-rickshaw.
The police has detained five people, including the husband and his parrents. Cases have been registered against them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan