Husband and in-laws booked for abetting housewife`s suicide
Mumbai: A 23-year-old mother of two kids committed suicide by setting herself on fire in Charni Road area of South Mumbai, after allegedly being harassed by her husband and in-laws for dowry.
The incident occurred on Sunday morning and the VP Road police have booked the victim`s husband and in-laws for abetting her suicide.
No arrests have been made so far.
The victim Kiran Chaurasia took the extreme step at her residence on the second floor of the Ram Mandir building in the Kumbarwada area.
The victim succumbed to 95 per cent burn injuries in the JJ Hospital, before the police could record her statement.
The police have booked her husband Hari Om, father-in-law Shiv Mohan, mother-in-law Ram Duhari and sister-in-law Honeshwari under Sections 306 (Abettment of Suicide), 498 A (Husband or Relative of Husband of a Woman Subjecting Her to Cruelty) or 34 (Common Intention) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city