Husband and in-laws booked for abetting housewife`s suicide
Mumbai: A 23-year-old mother of two kids committed suicide by setting herself on fire in Charni Road area of South Mumbai, after allegedly being harassed by her husband and in-laws for dowry.
The incident occurred on Sunday morning and the VP Road police have booked the victim`s husband and in-laws for abetting her suicide.
No arrests have been made so far.
The victim Kiran Chaurasia took the extreme step at her residence on the second floor of the Ram Mandir building in the Kumbarwada area.
The victim succumbed to 95 per cent burn injuries in the JJ Hospital, before the police could record her statement.
The police have booked her husband Hari Om, father-in-law Shiv Mohan, mother-in-law Ram Duhari and sister-in-law Honeshwari under Sections 306 (Abettment of Suicide), 498 A (Husband or Relative of Husband of a Woman Subjecting Her to Cruelty) or 34 (Common Intention) of the Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30