I harbour no illusion about becoming PM candidate: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Mumbai: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who last month led BJP to a consecutive third-time victory in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, dismissed the talk that he might be a consensus candidate for the Prime Minister`s post if BJP failed to muster enough numbers.
"I never harboured this misconception," Chouhan said, to a question at an event here on Monday night.
"I am the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and its my dream to make it the number one state in the country and among the best in the world. I don`t think ahead of that," Chouhan, said at awards function here.
Chouhan was all praise for Narendra Modi, his party`s nominee for prime minister`s post, saying he is a young leader with a vision for the whole country.
"There`s a lot of talk about young leaders. He, who is 25-30-40 years of age is not young, but the one who is fast, has a vision and the ability to make it a reality is. And that leader is Narendra Modi," Chouhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what