I harbour no illusion about becoming PM candidate: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Mumbai: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who last month led BJP to a consecutive third-time victory in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, dismissed the talk that he might be a consensus candidate for the Prime Minister`s post if BJP failed to muster enough numbers.
"I never harboured this misconception," Chouhan said, to a question at an event here on Monday night.
"I am the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and its my dream to make it the number one state in the country and among the best in the world. I don`t think ahead of that," Chouhan, said at awards function here.
Chouhan was all praise for Narendra Modi, his party`s nominee for prime minister`s post, saying he is a young leader with a vision for the whole country.
"There`s a lot of talk about young leaders. He, who is 25-30-40 years of age is not young, but the one who is fast, has a vision and the ability to make it a reality is. And that leader is Narendra Modi," Chouhan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank