I was falsely implicated: Bomb suit scam accused
Mumbai: The key accused in the bomb suit
scam on Thursday filed an anticipatory bail application in the
sessions court claiming he was falsely implicated in the case
at the behest of a senior IPS official.
Bimal Agarwal, director of Techno Trade Impex India Pvt
Ltd, and two other directors of the firm were booked on
charges of cheating and forgery in connection with alleged
irregularities in purchase of bomb suits for Rs 6 crore.
Agarwal in his anticipatory application said that he was
falsely implicated at the behest of the senior officer P K
However Jain, who is Managing Director of Maharashtra
State Security Corporation Limited, contested Agarwal`s claim
and said, "He is a liar of the first order, manipulator of the
first order and the law is catching up with him."
Agarwal, in his application, has said that the fact of
failure to perform as per tender document was already brought
to the notice of the Bombay High Court and the state
He has also said that he has already approached the civil
court and had attended office of the Anti-Corruption Bureau
The state police in January 2009 had floated the tender
for purchase of the suits post the 26/11 terror attacks in
Mumbai. The bid was won by Techno Trade Impex and an order for
80 suits was placed. In June 2009, an advance of Rs 6 crore
was paid to the firm towards the purchase. However, when the
suits were supplied in 2010, the government rejected them for
not being in conformity with quality standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report