I will never leave NCP, says Chhagan Bhujbal
Mumbai: Dismissing speculation that he was
upset over losing the deputy chief minister`s post, Maharashtra PWD and Tourism minister Chhagan Bhujbal Wednesday said he had seen several ups and downs in his life and would
never leave the NCP.
"I have actively participated in the birth and formation
of the NCP and will continue to stay in the party. I have seen
several ups and downs in my life and I am not upset," Bhujbal
said while addressing party workers at a felicitation function
of newly-appointed deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar and other
He said in 2003, he was forced to quit as deputy chief
minister. "I was sad not for resigning as the deputy chief
minister but at the false allegations in connection with the
Telgi scam. I was the one who got Telgi arrested and now he is
being punished," Bhujbal said.
"Now, there is no reason for me to feel upset. I have not
done anything," he added.
Bhujbal said he was the NCP`s first state president and
the first deputy chief minister. "I got an opportunity to be
in the post thrice," he said.
The NCP leader said Pawar had his full support. "Success
or failure of Ajit Pawar affects the entire party."
Urging party workers not to put leaders in uncomfortable
position by asking undue favours, he said, "You all know what
happened in case of Adarsh housing society."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert