I will never leave NCP, says Chhagan Bhujbal
Mumbai: Dismissing speculation that he was
upset over losing the deputy chief minister`s post, Maharashtra PWD and Tourism minister Chhagan Bhujbal Wednesday said he had seen several ups and downs in his life and would
never leave the NCP.
"I have actively participated in the birth and formation
of the NCP and will continue to stay in the party. I have seen
several ups and downs in my life and I am not upset," Bhujbal
said while addressing party workers at a felicitation function
of newly-appointed deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar and other
He said in 2003, he was forced to quit as deputy chief
minister. "I was sad not for resigning as the deputy chief
minister but at the false allegations in connection with the
Telgi scam. I was the one who got Telgi arrested and now he is
being punished," Bhujbal said.
"Now, there is no reason for me to feel upset. I have not
done anything," he added.
Bhujbal said he was the NCP`s first state president and
the first deputy chief minister. "I got an opportunity to be
in the post thrice," he said.
The NCP leader said Pawar had his full support. "Success
or failure of Ajit Pawar affects the entire party."
Urging party workers not to put leaders in uncomfortable
position by asking undue favours, he said, "You all know what
happened in case of Adarsh housing society."
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Structural reforms needed to put India on faster growth path
- Total prohibition decision dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi: Nitish
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016