I will not accept any responsibility in Maha govt: Supriya Sule
Nashik: NCP MP and daughter of Union Agriculture minister Sharad Pawar on Wednesday ruled out the possibility of being part of the Maharashtra government, which plunged into crisis after the resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
"I will not accept any responsibility in the Maharashtra government as I am working with the Centre," Sule told reporters here scotching speculations of her entry into the Maharashtra cabinet after her cousin quit yesterday.
Sule, who was here to attend the `Rashtravadi Congress Yuvati Melava`, she said, "Ajit Dada followed his inner voice and quit...This is not staged...He has resigned from his post really."
She also said that there was absolutely no threat to the Congress-NCP government as assured by her father and NCP President Sharad Pawar.
When asked whether Ajit Pawar quit to mount pressure for a leadership change in the state, she said, " If our party wants any changes.. We could have done it...We have no right to change leadership in other party (Congress). There is no miscommunication between the two parties."
As part of her tour after the formation of the Yuvati Congress, Sule has so far covered 24 Maharashtra districts tackling issues of dowry and education mainly.
"We plan to open 200 ladies hostel in Maharashtra alongwith counselling centres. Also training will be provided to girls of MPSC and UPSC.
Sule said the response to her rally in Nashik was
tremendous especially after highlighting the issue of female foeticide and atrocities on women.
"The state Home Ministry is also trying its best to solve issues affecting women," she said.
On women joining politics, the Baramati MP said, "In the next ZP and Panchayat Samiti elections, you will get to see to more women in the fray."
NCP district chief Ravindra Pagar said around 7,000 women today attended the Yuvati Melava, and discussed their problems with Sule.
Her father Sharad Pawar will attend the Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress`s rally at Aurangabad on October 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad