I will not accept any responsibility in Maha govt: Supriya Sule
Nashik: NCP MP and daughter of Union Agriculture minister Sharad Pawar on Wednesday ruled out the possibility of being part of the Maharashtra government, which plunged into crisis after the resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
"I will not accept any responsibility in the Maharashtra government as I am working with the Centre," Sule told reporters here scotching speculations of her entry into the Maharashtra cabinet after her cousin quit yesterday.
Sule, who was here to attend the `Rashtravadi Congress Yuvati Melava`, she said, "Ajit Dada followed his inner voice and quit...This is not staged...He has resigned from his post really."
She also said that there was absolutely no threat to the Congress-NCP government as assured by her father and NCP President Sharad Pawar.
When asked whether Ajit Pawar quit to mount pressure for a leadership change in the state, she said, " If our party wants any changes.. We could have done it...We have no right to change leadership in other party (Congress). There is no miscommunication between the two parties."
As part of her tour after the formation of the Yuvati Congress, Sule has so far covered 24 Maharashtra districts tackling issues of dowry and education mainly.
"We plan to open 200 ladies hostel in Maharashtra alongwith counselling centres. Also training will be provided to girls of MPSC and UPSC.
Sule said the response to her rally in Nashik was
tremendous especially after highlighting the issue of female foeticide and atrocities on women.
"The state Home Ministry is also trying its best to solve issues affecting women," she said.
On women joining politics, the Baramati MP said, "In the next ZP and Panchayat Samiti elections, you will get to see to more women in the fray."
NCP district chief Ravindra Pagar said around 7,000 women today attended the Yuvati Melava, and discussed their problems with Sule.
Her father Sharad Pawar will attend the Rashtravadi Yuvati Congress`s rally at Aurangabad on October 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions
- Over 80 percent of world's city dwellers breathe polluted air: WHO
- CBSE class 10 results 2016 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class X Results, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 PM