IAF Maintenance Commanders Conclave in Nagpur
Nagpur: A Commanders’ Conclave of
Maintenance Command of Indian Air Force will be held here on
August 31 and September 1.
The conclave, to be inaugurated by Air Marshal PV
Athawale, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Maintenance
Command, would be attended by Commanders of all Base Repair
Depots (BRDs) and Equipment Depots (EDs) across the country, a
press release here said.
The Maintenance Command has played an important role by
providing the requisite maintenance/logistics support to the
operational and training units. The units under Maintenance
Command are geographically dispersed all over the country and
are engaged in overhaul, repair and supply chain management.
Since 2011 has been declared as the "The Year of
Consolidation and Maintenance," the focus of the conference
will be to identify areas of concern and evolve strategies to
enhance maintenance support to operational units, the release
During the conference, the progress of various projects
would be undertaken and performance reviews will also be
carried out by the respective Branch Heads of the Command.
Since Air Marshal Athawale is due to retire on August
31, this would be the last conclave chaired by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!