‘Identity of Ratnagiri bus mishap victims established`
Ratnagiri: A day after 37 people were killed in a bus mishap in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district, identity of 34 victims has been established, a senior police officer said Wednesday.
"We have so far handed over 34 bodies to their relatives after they identified the victims," said in-charge of Khed police station, Mahendra Singh Pardeshi.
He said the remaining three bodies will be identified once their relatives reach here from Uttar Pradesh.
At least 37 people were killed and seven injured when a speeding Mumbai-bound luxury bus plunged into the Jagbudi River near Khed village in Ratnagiri district in the wee hours of yesterday.
Police said, out of seven persons injured in the mishap, two were shifted to Goa by their relatives while one was discharged by the local hospital in Dervan where they were admitted.
He said the remaining four persons were out of danger.
Maharashtra government has already announced compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the accident victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy