‘Identity of Ratnagiri bus mishap victims established`
Ratnagiri: A day after 37 people were killed in a bus mishap in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district, identity of 34 victims has been established, a senior police officer said Wednesday.
"We have so far handed over 34 bodies to their relatives after they identified the victims," said in-charge of Khed police station, Mahendra Singh Pardeshi.
He said the remaining three bodies will be identified once their relatives reach here from Uttar Pradesh.
At least 37 people were killed and seven injured when a speeding Mumbai-bound luxury bus plunged into the Jagbudi River near Khed village in Ratnagiri district in the wee hours of yesterday.
Police said, out of seven persons injured in the mishap, two were shifted to Goa by their relatives while one was discharged by the local hospital in Dervan where they were admitted.
He said the remaining four persons were out of danger.
Maharashtra government has already announced compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the accident victims.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark