‘Identity of Ratnagiri bus mishap victims established`
Ratnagiri: A day after 37 people were killed in a bus mishap in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district, identity of 34 victims has been established, a senior police officer said Wednesday.
"We have so far handed over 34 bodies to their relatives after they identified the victims," said in-charge of Khed police station, Mahendra Singh Pardeshi.
He said the remaining three bodies will be identified once their relatives reach here from Uttar Pradesh.
At least 37 people were killed and seven injured when a speeding Mumbai-bound luxury bus plunged into the Jagbudi River near Khed village in Ratnagiri district in the wee hours of yesterday.
Police said, out of seven persons injured in the mishap, two were shifted to Goa by their relatives while one was discharged by the local hospital in Dervan where they were admitted.
He said the remaining four persons were out of danger.
Maharashtra government has already announced compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the kin of the accident victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea