If Anil Ambani doesn`t reduce power tariffs, will self-immolate: Sanjay Nirupam
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam, who is on an indefinite hunger strike here, threatened to self-immolate outside Reliance ADA group chief Anil Ambani`s residence if the industrialist failed to reduce the power tariffs here.
Addressing the media, Nirupam said, “Ïf Anil Ambani doesn`t act after my protest fast then I will self-immolate outside his house.”
The AICC secretary started his agitation on Thursday demanding reduction in power tariff in Mumbai outside the Reliance Energy divisional office at Kandivali.
On Monday, the Maharashtra government slashed power tariff by 20 percent across all sectors.
Nirupam along with party`s Lok Sabha member Priya Dutt has been "protesting" and demanding reduction of electricity bills for power consumers especially in Mumbai, PTI reported.
Nirupam had also written to Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan demanding a power tariff cut, reasoning that if the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi could do so, why could it not be replicated in Mumbai and Maharashtra.
Their party, the Congress, leads the coalition government in Maharashtra.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley