If epithet for Bal Thackeray is objectionable, so is Maulana: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: Rebutting NCP`s objection to the epithet `Hindu Hriday Samrat` in the name of a recently opened municipal hospital named after Bal Thackeray, Shiv Sena on Friday said `Maulana` in `Maulana Abul Kalam Azad` too has religious association.
The newly constructed trauma care hospital in suburban Jogeshwari has been named `Hindu Hriday Samraat Balasaheb Thackeray Hospital`. NCP yesterday objected to the use of the epithet (which means `King of Hindu Hearts) in the hospital`s name.
Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut today defended the name, saying that people in the country had conferred this epithet on the late Sena supremo, Bal Thackeray.
If NCP was opposed to it because of religious association, then it should also oppose the use of the word `Maulana` before Azad`s name, Raut said.
"There are lots of schemes named after Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. So will his name will also be opposed?" he asked.
"We have no objection to the work done by Maulana Azad...But even his name is religious...In that case the name given to various schemes should also be removed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi