Illegal abortions: Chargesheet filed against Beed doctors
Beed: A chargesheet has been filed in a local court against two doctors for allegedly conducting abortion illegally at their hospital here, police said on Thursday.
The investing officer in the case, inspector Vidyanand Kale, said that they have filed charge sheet against doctors Shivaji Sanap, his father-in-law Shrihari Lahane and 20 others for conducting illegal abortion of three women at their hospital on June 2.
The 20 others, who are also named in the charge sheet, include medical experts, staff of Sanap`s hospital and parents and in-laws of the women, whose abortions were performed.
Two female foetuses, of eight and five months, were found dumped in the dry basin of Bindusara river in the city on June 2.
Investigations had revealed that on the same day, another six-month old foetus of an unmarried 17-year-old girl was also allegedly aborted at the same hospital.
Shivaji Sanap has been booked under various sections of IPC, pre-conception and pre-natal diagnostic techniques (PCPNDT) Act and medical termination of pregnancy (MTP) Act, for abortions performed beyond five months of pregnancy.
The Maharashtra government is considering to appoint senior lawyer Ujjwal Nikam as the special public prosecutor to conduct trial in the case, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni a step closer to main draw
- Tata Motors profits fall on weak Jaguar Land Rover sales
- Russia to pay bonuses to athletes barred from Rio Olympics 2016
- Scorpene data leak unintentional, navy will address all concerns: Parrikar
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs