Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh arrested
Mumbai: As many as 28 alleged illegal Bangladeshi immigrants were Thursday arrested from Shivaji Nagar area in the eastern suburbs, the police said.
According to police sources, raids were conducted between 5 am to 7 am in the Rafi Nagar and Baba Nagar slums in in a joint operation by the special branch and city police.
"We had information that several illegal immigrants were staying in these areas and conducted the raid, along with the Shivaji Nagar police. A total of 14 men, six women and eight minors were arrested in the raid," special branch deputy commissioner Sanjay Shintre said.
All the accused were handed over to the Shivaji Nagar police for further inquiries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days