Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh arrested
Mumbai: As many as 28 alleged illegal Bangladeshi immigrants were Thursday arrested from Shivaji Nagar area in the eastern suburbs, the police said.
According to police sources, raids were conducted between 5 am to 7 am in the Rafi Nagar and Baba Nagar slums in in a joint operation by the special branch and city police.
"We had information that several illegal immigrants were staying in these areas and conducted the raid, along with the Shivaji Nagar police. A total of 14 men, six women and eight minors were arrested in the raid," special branch deputy commissioner Sanjay Shintre said.
All the accused were handed over to the Shivaji Nagar police for further inquiries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation