Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh arrested
Mumbai: As many as 28 alleged illegal Bangladeshi immigrants were Thursday arrested from Shivaji Nagar area in the eastern suburbs, the police said.
According to police sources, raids were conducted between 5 am to 7 am in the Rafi Nagar and Baba Nagar slums in in a joint operation by the special branch and city police.
"We had information that several illegal immigrants were staying in these areas and conducted the raid, along with the Shivaji Nagar police. A total of 14 men, six women and eight minors were arrested in the raid," special branch deputy commissioner Sanjay Shintre said.
All the accused were handed over to the Shivaji Nagar police for further inquiries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi