Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh arrested
Mumbai: As many as 28 alleged illegal Bangladeshi immigrants were Thursday arrested from Shivaji Nagar area in the eastern suburbs, the police said.
According to police sources, raids were conducted between 5 am to 7 am in the Rafi Nagar and Baba Nagar slums in in a joint operation by the special branch and city police.
"We had information that several illegal immigrants were staying in these areas and conducted the raid, along with the Shivaji Nagar police. A total of 14 men, six women and eight minors were arrested in the raid," special branch deputy commissioner Sanjay Shintre said.
All the accused were handed over to the Shivaji Nagar police for further inquiries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB