I`m not responsible for Sena`s poll debacle: Joshi
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra chief minister
and Sena leader Manohar Joshi on Wednesday refuted media reports that
the party leadership was upset with him for Sena`s rout in
Dadar in the recent municipal corporation elections and said
there were several reasons for the loss.
"I am personally not responsible. There could be many
reasons for the defeat... No one from my party has blamed me. I
am hearing these things only in media," he said, when asked to
comment on reports that the Sena leadership had held him
responsible for the party`s dismal performance in Dadar.
According to a section of media, the Sena leadership was
upset with Joshi for the party`s poor showing and that Sena
leader Uddhav Thackeray even refused to meet Joshi to discuss
the party`s poll fiasco in Dadar.
Joshi today convened a meeting of Shiv Sena activists to
discuss the party`s poor performance in its bastion
The Raj Thackeray-led MNS has swept all the seven seats
in the area, traditionally a Sena stronghold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days