I`m not responsible for Sena`s poll debacle: Joshi
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra chief minister
and Sena leader Manohar Joshi on Wednesday refuted media reports that
the party leadership was upset with him for Sena`s rout in
Dadar in the recent municipal corporation elections and said
there were several reasons for the loss.
"I am personally not responsible. There could be many
reasons for the defeat... No one from my party has blamed me. I
am hearing these things only in media," he said, when asked to
comment on reports that the Sena leadership had held him
responsible for the party`s dismal performance in Dadar.
According to a section of media, the Sena leadership was
upset with Joshi for the party`s poor showing and that Sena
leader Uddhav Thackeray even refused to meet Joshi to discuss
the party`s poll fiasco in Dadar.
Joshi today convened a meeting of Shiv Sena activists to
discuss the party`s poor performance in its bastion
The Raj Thackeray-led MNS has swept all the seven seats
in the area, traditionally a Sena stronghold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah