In-coordination of ruling allies led to less Maha drought aid package
Pune: Lack of coordination between Congress and NCP -- the ruling coalition partners-- had resulted in inadequate drought aid package for Maharashtra, Swambhimani Shetkari Sanghatana leader and MP Raju Shetty alleged today.
The Rs 1,208 crore package announced by the Central government for the drought affected state had fallen short of the required fund of Rs 2,200 crore demanded by Maharashtra government, he told reporters here.
"Maharashtra deserved and needed more funds to tackle the severity of drought. But the Chief Minister (Prithviraj Chavan) and Deputy Chief Minister (Ajit Pawar) differed in their assessment of the situation. The lack of coordination between the two ruling coalition partners and incompetence of the state leaders resulted in insufficient central aid," Shetty claimed.
Briefing reporters after a meeting of his party`s state executive meeting which concluded here, Shetty announced a "Sangharsha Yatra" of farmers to be taken from three different routes commencing March 27 to focus their plight in the wake of severe drought conditions in the state.
The Yatra would culminate at Satara on April 10, he added.
Shetty also demanded waiving of crop loans and electricity bills of the farmers from drought affected regions of the state as well as a hike in milk procurement prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj