Income Tax officer gets five years in jail in graft case
Mumbai: The special CBI court here today convicted a former Assistant Commissioner of Income tax for demanding and accepting bribe from an assessee and sentenced him to five years` rigorous imprisonment.
According to CBI, accused Rajeev Kumar demanded Rs 25,000 from the complainant in March 1998 to settle a tax claim for year 1995-1996.
The CBI filed the chargesheet in 2000 after he was booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February