Incomplete Aadhar cards being delivered in Thane: MLA
Thane: With the Central government encouraging people to enrol under its ambitious UIDAI scheme, a case of delivery of incomplete `Aadhar` cards not bearing the proper address of the holders has come to light.
Shiv Sena MLA from Vasai Vivek Pandit on Thursday showed a number of ‘Aadhar’ cards before mediapersons which had incomplete addresses of the holders.
Coming down heavily on the UIDAI managing the `Aadhar` cards, Pandit said "such discrepancies could lead to the cards landing in the hands of criminals and could be misused."
"In the past, the cards used to be dispatched through speed post from a Bangalore centre for distribution to the entire country, but in the present case the ones which have come to Vasai recently have been dispatched through ordinary mail from Vashi," he noted.
"The chances of the cards getting lost in post are higher and there is no acknowledgement possible for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports