Incomplete Aadhar cards being delivered in Thane: MLA
Thane: With the Central government encouraging people to enrol under its ambitious UIDAI scheme, a case of delivery of incomplete `Aadhar` cards not bearing the proper address of the holders has come to light.
Shiv Sena MLA from Vasai Vivek Pandit on Thursday showed a number of ‘Aadhar’ cards before mediapersons which had incomplete addresses of the holders.
Coming down heavily on the UIDAI managing the `Aadhar` cards, Pandit said "such discrepancies could lead to the cards landing in the hands of criminals and could be misused."
"In the past, the cards used to be dispatched through speed post from a Bangalore centre for distribution to the entire country, but in the present case the ones which have come to Vasai recently have been dispatched through ordinary mail from Vashi," he noted.
"The chances of the cards getting lost in post are higher and there is no acknowledgement possible for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted