Incomplete Aadhar cards being delivered in Thane: MLA
Thane: With the Central government encouraging people to enrol under its ambitious UIDAI scheme, a case of delivery of incomplete `Aadhar` cards not bearing the proper address of the holders has come to light.
Shiv Sena MLA from Vasai Vivek Pandit on Thursday showed a number of ‘Aadhar’ cards before mediapersons which had incomplete addresses of the holders.
Coming down heavily on the UIDAI managing the `Aadhar` cards, Pandit said "such discrepancies could lead to the cards landing in the hands of criminals and could be misused."
"In the past, the cards used to be dispatched through speed post from a Bangalore centre for distribution to the entire country, but in the present case the ones which have come to Vasai recently have been dispatched through ordinary mail from Vashi," he noted.
"The chances of the cards getting lost in post are higher and there is no acknowledgement possible for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16