Incomplete Aadhar cards being delivered in Thane: MLA
Thane: With the Central government encouraging people to enrol under its ambitious UIDAI scheme, a case of delivery of incomplete `Aadhar` cards not bearing the proper address of the holders has come to light.
Shiv Sena MLA from Vasai Vivek Pandit on Thursday showed a number of ‘Aadhar’ cards before mediapersons which had incomplete addresses of the holders.
Coming down heavily on the UIDAI managing the `Aadhar` cards, Pandit said "such discrepancies could lead to the cards landing in the hands of criminals and could be misused."
"In the past, the cards used to be dispatched through speed post from a Bangalore centre for distribution to the entire country, but in the present case the ones which have come to Vasai recently have been dispatched through ordinary mail from Vashi," he noted.
"The chances of the cards getting lost in post are higher and there is no acknowledgement possible for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!