Incomplete Aadhar cards being delivered in Thane: MLA
Thane: With the Central government encouraging people to enrol under its ambitious UIDAI scheme, a case of delivery of incomplete `Aadhar` cards not bearing the proper address of the holders has come to light.
Shiv Sena MLA from Vasai Vivek Pandit on Thursday showed a number of ‘Aadhar’ cards before mediapersons which had incomplete addresses of the holders.
Coming down heavily on the UIDAI managing the `Aadhar` cards, Pandit said "such discrepancies could lead to the cards landing in the hands of criminals and could be misused."
"In the past, the cards used to be dispatched through speed post from a Bangalore centre for distribution to the entire country, but in the present case the ones which have come to Vasai recently have been dispatched through ordinary mail from Vashi," he noted.
"The chances of the cards getting lost in post are higher and there is no acknowledgement possible for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope