India to host Asian Science Camp from Aug 10
Mumbai: In an effort to promote
international scientific cooperation among future generation
through interaction with top global scientists, India will
host the three-day Asian Science Camp (ASC) from August 10.
The camp will be attended by around 185 students and 30
teachers from 20 countries, Director of Homi Bhabha Centre for
Science Education (HBCSE) and organiser of the camp, Dr H C
Pradhan told media today.
"We are expecting a large contingent of students from
Japan and China," he said, adding that students from Vietnam,
Pakistan, Thailand, Honkong, Egypt, New Zealand, Kazakhstan,
Israel and Republic of Korea are also participating.
Twenty volunteer students from India who could not be
selected as participants will also attend the camp, Pradhan
"This is for the first time India will be hosting the ASC
and this is fourth in the series. The highlight of this ASC is
that we have included Biology besides Physics and Chemistry,"
Dr Mustansir Barma, Director, Tata Institute of Fundamental
Research (TIFR) said.
Earlier meetings held in Taipei (2007), Bali (2008) and
Ibaraki, Japan (2009) had only Physics and Chemistry, he said.
Last year in Japan, Principal Scientific Advisor to
government of India Dr R Chidambaram had suggested about
inclusion of Biology which is an integral part of science,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out
- CM Mehbooba Mufti favours abrogation of AFSPA from parts of J&K; says if successful it can be revoked in entirety