India to host Asian Science Camp from Aug 10
Mumbai: In an effort to promote
international scientific cooperation among future generation
through interaction with top global scientists, India will
host the three-day Asian Science Camp (ASC) from August 10.
The camp will be attended by around 185 students and 30
teachers from 20 countries, Director of Homi Bhabha Centre for
Science Education (HBCSE) and organiser of the camp, Dr H C
Pradhan told media today.
"We are expecting a large contingent of students from
Japan and China," he said, adding that students from Vietnam,
Pakistan, Thailand, Honkong, Egypt, New Zealand, Kazakhstan,
Israel and Republic of Korea are also participating.
Twenty volunteer students from India who could not be
selected as participants will also attend the camp, Pradhan
"This is for the first time India will be hosting the ASC
and this is fourth in the series. The highlight of this ASC is
that we have included Biology besides Physics and Chemistry,"
Dr Mustansir Barma, Director, Tata Institute of Fundamental
Research (TIFR) said.
Earlier meetings held in Taipei (2007), Bali (2008) and
Ibaraki, Japan (2009) had only Physics and Chemistry, he said.
Last year in Japan, Principal Scientific Advisor to
government of India Dr R Chidambaram had suggested about
inclusion of Biology which is an integral part of science,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing