Indian Idol singer Rahul Vaidya`s house robbed
A suburban house of singer-turned-host Rahul Vaidya was burgled of cash and valuables collectively worth Rs 40,000 by unidentified miscreants while he was away in Europe with his family, police said on Wednesday.
The Vaidyas were in Europe from June 1 and June 12 and the crime took place in that period, police said.
What baffles police is while main door of the house is intact but the bedroom door and the cupboard were found damaged by the robbers.
"The robbers seemed to have opened the door using duplicate keys. The crime took place between June 1 and 12 and we are checking the CCTV footages in the building premises," an investigating officer said.
Vaidya`s father Krishna lodged a complaint at Oshiwara police station last night, police said.
Incidentally, actor Anuj Tikku`s father Arunkumar was murdered in the same building on April 7 by dreaded criminals Vijay Palande, Dhananjay Shinde and Manoj Gajkosh, all former associates of gangster Santosh Shetty. The trio is behind jail for the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what