Indian Idol singer Rahul Vaidya`s house robbed
A suburban house of singer-turned-host Rahul Vaidya was burgled of cash and valuables collectively worth Rs 40,000 by unidentified miscreants while he was away in Europe with his family, police said on Wednesday.
The Vaidyas were in Europe from June 1 and June 12 and the crime took place in that period, police said.
What baffles police is while main door of the house is intact but the bedroom door and the cupboard were found damaged by the robbers.
"The robbers seemed to have opened the door using duplicate keys. The crime took place between June 1 and 12 and we are checking the CCTV footages in the building premises," an investigating officer said.
Vaidya`s father Krishna lodged a complaint at Oshiwara police station last night, police said.
Incidentally, actor Anuj Tikku`s father Arunkumar was murdered in the same building on April 7 by dreaded criminals Vijay Palande, Dhananjay Shinde and Manoj Gajkosh, all former associates of gangster Santosh Shetty. The trio is behind jail for the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?