Indian Idol singer Rahul Vaidya`s house robbed
A suburban house of singer-turned-host Rahul Vaidya was burgled of cash and valuables collectively worth Rs 40,000 by unidentified miscreants while he was away in Europe with his family, police said on Wednesday.
The Vaidyas were in Europe from June 1 and June 12 and the crime took place in that period, police said.
What baffles police is while main door of the house is intact but the bedroom door and the cupboard were found damaged by the robbers.
"The robbers seemed to have opened the door using duplicate keys. The crime took place between June 1 and 12 and we are checking the CCTV footages in the building premises," an investigating officer said.
Vaidya`s father Krishna lodged a complaint at Oshiwara police station last night, police said.
Incidentally, actor Anuj Tikku`s father Arunkumar was murdered in the same building on April 7 by dreaded criminals Vijay Palande, Dhananjay Shinde and Manoj Gajkosh, all former associates of gangster Santosh Shetty. The trio is behind jail for the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price