Indira a woman with guts, Manmohan mild: Thackeray
Mumbai: His political differences with
Congress notwithstanding, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray
admires Indira Gandhi as a "woman with guts" who had the
capability to govern.
Thackeray was replying to a question as to whom he
thought was the best Prime Minister, in an interview published
in party mouthpiece Saamana on Wednesday.
"When Indira Gandhi won the Bangladesh war, even Vajpayee
(Atal Behari Vajpayee) hailed her as an avatar of Goddess
Durga," Thackeray recalled.
The late prime minister was a "woman who had guts and knew
how to rule," he said.
Thackeray was, however, critical of her Emergency
imposition in 1975.
On Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, he said,"He is an
intelligent man, but very mild."
Referring to Rahul Gandhi, the Shiv Sena chief questioned
the Congress leader`s ability to become PM.
"Who is this Rahul Gandhi? What is there in him? Tomorrow,
any school kid will rise and ask to be made the PM," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?