Infant girl found abandoned
Nashik: An infant girl was found abandoned in Morwadi locality of the city, police said on Thursday.
The baby girl, believed to be 10-day-old, was found wrapped and lying under a electronic distribution (DP) point in the area yesterday, they said.
She was taken under wings by social workers after they were alerted by locals who gathered at the spot hearing her cries, police said, adding the girl has been admitted in a private hospital and is doing well.
The infant weighed 2.5 kg and it is sheer luck that she survived the cold, added police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers