IPS officer booked in dowry harassment case
Amravati (Maharashtra): An IPS officer
posted in Mizoram was booked for allegedly harassing his wife
The officer, Milind Mahadev Dubare, who hails from
neighbouring Chandrapur district, is the Superintendent of
Police at Sarchit district of the northeastern state. His
parents and family members reside at Chandrapur, the police
According to the complaint lodged by Milind Dubare`s
wife Shilpa, he and his family members allegedly used to
harass her for bringing Rs 2 lakh from her parents since their
marriage in 2007.
They used to beat her often for not fulfilling the
demand, Shilpa, who hails from Frezerpura here, alleged in the
complaint registered on February 10, the police said.
Besides Milind Dubare, she has named her in-laws and
brother-in-law in the complaint.
They have been booked under IPC Sections 498A (husband
or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty),
506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (acts done by several
persons in furtherance of common intention, among others, the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know