IPS officer booked in dowry harassment case
Amravati (Maharashtra): An IPS officer
posted in Mizoram was booked for allegedly harassing his wife
The officer, Milind Mahadev Dubare, who hails from
neighbouring Chandrapur district, is the Superintendent of
Police at Sarchit district of the northeastern state. His
parents and family members reside at Chandrapur, the police
According to the complaint lodged by Milind Dubare`s
wife Shilpa, he and his family members allegedly used to
harass her for bringing Rs 2 lakh from her parents since their
marriage in 2007.
They used to beat her often for not fulfilling the
demand, Shilpa, who hails from Frezerpura here, alleged in the
complaint registered on February 10, the police said.
Besides Milind Dubare, she has named her in-laws and
brother-in-law in the complaint.
They have been booked under IPC Sections 498A (husband
or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty),
506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (acts done by several
persons in furtherance of common intention, among others, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy