IPS officer charged with extortion attempt in Ali`s CD case
Mumbai: CID has charged an IPS officer with
trying to extort money from race horse owner Hassan Ali by
allegedly recording his conversation in which he (Ali) claimed
to have influenced the decision of Maharashtra Government to
appoint Hassan Gafoor as the Police Commissioner of Mumbai in
A 15-page interim report of the CID, which inquired into
the controversial CD that was placed by a BJP member in the
state legislative assembly, was submitted to the state
government yesterday in which allegations against a police
officer of trying to extort money from Hassan Ali surfaced.
The report stated that an attempt was made by the officer
to malign the image of Gafoor and other politicians, a CID
DCP Ashok Deshbrathar had interrogated Pune-based stud
farm owner Hassan Ali and this was recorded in a spycam, the
"The CD was prepared after the interrogation of Ali was
captured in a spy cam. Deshbrathar interrogated Ali alone on
several occasions, raising suspicion that he himself had
recorded it with the device", the CID official said.
"We strongly suspect that he had prepared the CD with
select contents that would enable him to extort money from
Ali," he added.
"It also indicates that it was an attempt to malign the
image of Gafoor and other politicians," the official said,
adding, their names were deliberately put in Ali`s mouth. The
CD was later leaked to media," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced