IPS officer charged with extortion attempt in Ali`s CD case
Mumbai: CID has charged an IPS officer with
trying to extort money from race horse owner Hassan Ali by
allegedly recording his conversation in which he (Ali) claimed
to have influenced the decision of Maharashtra Government to
appoint Hassan Gafoor as the Police Commissioner of Mumbai in
A 15-page interim report of the CID, which inquired into
the controversial CD that was placed by a BJP member in the
state legislative assembly, was submitted to the state
government yesterday in which allegations against a police
officer of trying to extort money from Hassan Ali surfaced.
The report stated that an attempt was made by the officer
to malign the image of Gafoor and other politicians, a CID
DCP Ashok Deshbrathar had interrogated Pune-based stud
farm owner Hassan Ali and this was recorded in a spycam, the
"The CD was prepared after the interrogation of Ali was
captured in a spy cam. Deshbrathar interrogated Ali alone on
several occasions, raising suspicion that he himself had
recorded it with the device", the CID official said.
"We strongly suspect that he had prepared the CD with
select contents that would enable him to extort money from
Ali," he added.
"It also indicates that it was an attempt to malign the
image of Gafoor and other politicians," the official said,
adding, their names were deliberately put in Ali`s mouth. The
CD was later leaked to media," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM