Iqbal Kaskar firing: Shooters constantly called one Rehman
Mumbai: The two shooters, arrested for
allegedly murdering driver-cum-bodyguard of mob boss Dawood
Ibrahim`s brother Iqbal Kaskar, were constantly in touch with
the man, who gave them contract killing, minutes before the
the incident, a senior police official said on Sunday.
"We recovered mobiles from the two shooters. They were
in touch with one Rehman, who gave the contract to kill Bukha,
minutes before the killing," the official said on condition of
On Tuesday, gunmen Syed Ali (29), a resident of Mumbra
in adjoining Thane, and Indra Khatri (27) from Nepal,
allegedly shot dead Kaskar`s driver-cum-bodyguard Arif Syed
Abu Bukha (40) in south Mumbai`s Dambarwala building in which
Kaskar`s office and house are located, police said.
The two were arrested from near JJ Hospital, while
their other two associates managed to flee. The two were
sent to police custody till May 26.
"We are examining the number from which the shooters
received calls. We got some good leads as well," the official
Meanwhile, with underworld don Chhota Rajan`s name
surfacing in the probe in the firing case, police fear gangwar
on the streets of Mumbai and as well as in prisons.
"The phones of criminals associated with various gangs
have been put under technical surveillance so that we could
know what is a likely step and how can we prevent any possible
crime," the official added.
The officials are reviewing the security arrangements and
are taking extra precautions to avoid any clashes among the
various gang members in the jails.
Most members of Dawood, Rajan, Bharat Nepali and Ravi
Pujari gangs are lodged in Arthur Road jail, Thane prison and
the Taloja jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state