IRB jawan allegedly kills self
Jamshedpur: A jawan of Indian Reserve Battalion allegedly shot himself in the copper township of Musabandi, about 40 km from here, police sources said Tuesday.
The jawan identified as Baleshwar Das, a resident of Deoghar district allegedly shot at himself with his service rifle and sustained injuries in the leg late last night, the sources said.
Das was immediately taken to a nearby hospital but the doctors referred him to government-run M G M hospital here, where he was admitted, sources said.
Prima facie, sources said, the jawan seemed to have shot at himself due to depression.
Further investigation was on, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?