IRB jawan allegedly kills self
Jamshedpur: A jawan of Indian Reserve Battalion allegedly shot himself in the copper township of Musabandi, about 40 km from here, police sources said Tuesday.
The jawan identified as Baleshwar Das, a resident of Deoghar district allegedly shot at himself with his service rifle and sustained injuries in the leg late last night, the sources said.
Das was immediately taken to a nearby hospital but the doctors referred him to government-run M G M hospital here, where he was admitted, sources said.
Prima facie, sources said, the jawan seemed to have shot at himself due to depression.
Further investigation was on, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US