IRS officer films wife`s obscene video for dowry
Nagpur: An IRS officer has been booked for allegedly making an obscene video of his wife and using it to blackmail her for dowry, police said thursday.
Bangalore resident Nishwant Davrajan Kullulathil, an Indian Revenue Service officer, was booked yesterday along with his mother and sister under relevant sections of Domestic Violence, Sexual Offence and Dowry Prohibition Act, Gittikhadan police said.
Nishwant`s wife, an assistant income tax officer, lodged a complaint with police here yesterday that on February 6 and September 3 earlier this year, her husband allegedly sodomised her in her hostel room in Nagpur and took videos of it.
He allegedly threatened to post the obscene videos on the internet if she did not give him Rs 10 lakhs.
The victim further alleged that her mother-in-law and sister-in-law also tortured her mentally and physically for dowry.
A police team has been sent to Bangalore to apprehend Nishwant and his family for probe in the case, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt