Issue arrest warrant against docs: Court to police
Beed: A local court has ordered police to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against Parli doctor couple - Sudam and Saraswati Munde - in an illegal sex determination case.
In 2010, Satara-based social activist Varsha Deshpande had carried out a sting operation at Sudam Munde`s hospital in Parli tehsil of Beed for allegedly conducting illegal sex determination test.
Parli sub-district hospital`s former medical officer had then lodged a complaint against the doctor couple in court.
However, the duo got bail in 2011 on the condition that they will not commit such a crime in future.
But on May 18 this year, the doctors allegedly carried out an abortion of a sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who was in her second trimester of pregnancy, at their hospital in Parli, which resulted in her death.
Following this, district civil surgeon Gauri Rathod had appealed at the Aurangabad bench of Bombay High Court for cancellation of bail of the doctor couple, as they breached law again.
The High Court had then cancelled Munde`s bail and had given order for a non-bailable warrant against them, but Parli police did not issue it.
Yesterday, Parli court judge DP Khandelwal gave an order to police to issue a non-bailable arrest warrant against the doctors.
The court also issued a show cause notice to the inspector of Parli police station asking why the warrant was not issued earlier against the doctors.
Incidentally, on September 25, the Ambajogai tehsil court granted bail to Saraswati Munde in the 2010 sex determination case.
The doctor couple is currently lodged in Nashik district jail after being arrested in the Vijaymala case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Missing Japanese journalist's photo posted online
- Haryana Govt. to file application over Jat reservation issue today
- Liquor mafia attacks police, media personnel in Madhya Pradesh; 2 held
- 'Dishoom' poster OUT! Varun Dhawan, John Abraham look uber classy
- Starving Iraqis risk all to flee Islamic State`s crumbling rule