J Dey case: Judicial custody of accused extended
Mumbai: The special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on Monday extended the judicial
custody of all the arrested accused, including journalist
Jigna Vora, in the J Dey murder case till January 30.
Vora, former deputy chief of bureau of `Asian Age` daily,
was arrested on November 25 on a charge of providing vital
information about Jyotirmoy Dey, a senior journalist, to
gangster Chhota Rajan who had allegedly ordered the murder.
The accused named in the police chargesheet are Rohee
Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet Shinde, Arun
Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh
Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia. All
of them, alongwith Vora, are in custody.
According to the police, Chhota Rajan was irked by two articles
written by Dey, and by eliminating him, he wanted to send out
a message to the journalists not to tread on his toes.
A supplementary chargesheet would be filed against Vora
later, police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?