J Dey case: Judicial custody of accused extended
Mumbai: The special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on Monday extended the judicial
custody of all the arrested accused, including journalist
Jigna Vora, in the J Dey murder case till January 30.
Vora, former deputy chief of bureau of `Asian Age` daily,
was arrested on November 25 on a charge of providing vital
information about Jyotirmoy Dey, a senior journalist, to
gangster Chhota Rajan who had allegedly ordered the murder.
The accused named in the police chargesheet are Rohee
Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet Shinde, Arun
Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh
Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia. All
of them, alongwith Vora, are in custody.
According to the police, Chhota Rajan was irked by two articles
written by Dey, and by eliminating him, he wanted to send out
a message to the journalists not to tread on his toes.
A supplementary chargesheet would be filed against Vora
later, police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa
- Twin suicide bombs kill 13 near Mogadishu airport
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns
- Anil Kapoor opens up about kissing scene in '24'! – Read more