J Dey case: Judicial custody of accused extended
Mumbai: The special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on Monday extended the judicial
custody of all the arrested accused, including journalist
Jigna Vora, in the J Dey murder case till January 30.
Vora, former deputy chief of bureau of `Asian Age` daily,
was arrested on November 25 on a charge of providing vital
information about Jyotirmoy Dey, a senior journalist, to
gangster Chhota Rajan who had allegedly ordered the murder.
The accused named in the police chargesheet are Rohee
Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet Shinde, Arun
Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh
Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia. All
of them, alongwith Vora, are in custody.
According to the police, Chhota Rajan was irked by two articles
written by Dey, and by eliminating him, he wanted to send out
a message to the journalists not to tread on his toes.
A supplementary chargesheet would be filed against Vora
later, police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre