J Dey case: Judicial custody of accused extended
Mumbai: The special Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court on Monday extended the judicial
custody of all the arrested accused, including journalist
Jigna Vora, in the J Dey murder case till January 30.
Vora, former deputy chief of bureau of `Asian Age` daily,
was arrested on November 25 on a charge of providing vital
information about Jyotirmoy Dey, a senior journalist, to
gangster Chhota Rajan who had allegedly ordered the murder.
The accused named in the police chargesheet are Rohee
Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet Shinde, Arun
Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh
Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia. All
of them, alongwith Vora, are in custody.
According to the police, Chhota Rajan was irked by two articles
written by Dey, and by eliminating him, he wanted to send out
a message to the journalists not to tread on his toes.
A supplementary chargesheet would be filed against Vora
later, police had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir