J Dey murder: ACP Anil Mahabole questioned
Mumbai: The city police, probing the killing
of veteran crime reporter Jyotirmoy Dey, has questioned a
senior police officer in connection with the case.
"Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole was
questioned for several hours yesterday. His statement was
recorded and he was allowed to go. During the interrogation
Mahabole claimed that he had cordial relations with Dey and he
had no role in the murder," a top crime branch official said.
We may summon him again if required, the officer added.
Mahabole, who was under scanner following the murder, was
abruptly shunted to Local Arms Control Room in suburban
Naigaon from the in-charge post of Azad Maidan division in
south Mumbai after the incident on June 13.
A day later, he claimed that he was being falsely
implicated in the case and the allegations against him were
"The allegations against me in the case (Dey`s killing)
are absurd and wrong. I have nothing to do with the case. I
hope the investigating officials would be able to detect the
case early and catch the culprits soon to clear the air," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters