J Dey murder: ACP Anil Mahabole questioned
Mumbai: The city police, probing the killing
of veteran crime reporter Jyotirmoy Dey, has questioned a
senior police officer in connection with the case.
"Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole was
questioned for several hours yesterday. His statement was
recorded and he was allowed to go. During the interrogation
Mahabole claimed that he had cordial relations with Dey and he
had no role in the murder," a top crime branch official said.
We may summon him again if required, the officer added.
Mahabole, who was under scanner following the murder, was
abruptly shunted to Local Arms Control Room in suburban
Naigaon from the in-charge post of Azad Maidan division in
south Mumbai after the incident on June 13.
A day later, he claimed that he was being falsely
implicated in the case and the allegations against him were
"The allegations against me in the case (Dey`s killing)
are absurd and wrong. I have nothing to do with the case. I
hope the investigating officials would be able to detect the
case early and catch the culprits soon to clear the air," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what