J Dey murder: ACP Anil Mahabole questioned
Mumbai: The city police, probing the killing
of veteran crime reporter Jyotirmoy Dey, has questioned a
senior police officer in connection with the case.
"Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Anil Mahabole was
questioned for several hours yesterday. His statement was
recorded and he was allowed to go. During the interrogation
Mahabole claimed that he had cordial relations with Dey and he
had no role in the murder," a top crime branch official said.
We may summon him again if required, the officer added.
Mahabole, who was under scanner following the murder, was
abruptly shunted to Local Arms Control Room in suburban
Naigaon from the in-charge post of Azad Maidan division in
south Mumbai after the incident on June 13.
A day later, he claimed that he was being falsely
implicated in the case and the allegations against him were
"The allegations against me in the case (Dey`s killing)
are absurd and wrong. I have nothing to do with the case. I
hope the investigating officials would be able to detect the
case early and catch the culprits soon to clear the air," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown