J Dey murder case: Court allows Jigna Vora to get home food
Mumbai: A special MCOCA court on Wednesday allowed jailed scribe Jigna Vora, arrested in the murder case of senior journalist J Dey, to get home-cooked food on health grounds.
The Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court today approved the application filed earlier by Vora, currently lodged in the Byculla jail here, seeking home-made food.
The deputy Chief of Bureau of a city-based English newspaper was arrested on November 25 last year under MCOCA in connection with the murder of Mid-Day`s senior crime reporter Jyotirmoy Dey, allegedly at the behest of underworld don Chhota Rajan.
Vora is accused of passing on key information like the numberplate of the slain journalist`s motorcycle and his address to the fugitive don.
Police, on December 3 last, had filed a charge sheet against the arrested accused, namely Rohee Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet Shinde, Arun Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia.
According to police, Chhota Rajan, upset with Dey`s two articles, which purportedly portrayed him in bad light, had ordered his killing.
Dey was shot dead in suburban Powai on June 11 last year by assailants who had followed him on motorcycles.
As per the 3,055-page charge sheet, Vohra allegedly instigated the underworld don to execute Dey owing to professional rivalry.
A supplementary charge sheet was filed at a later date against Vora, who is the eleventh accused arrested in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune